Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A New Painting to Share!


When we bought our house last summer, I was determined to fill our home with  only art I had created myself.  We painted the walls semi-gloss white in anticipation of showing off the vivid, bright paintings I love to create.  Here we are, 9 months later, and only 3 pieces are hung -- one in each of my children's bedrooms and a watercolor in the kitchen.  My living room, hallway and Master bedroom have remained, well, barren. The time has come to remedy that situation!  I have just completed this whimsical, folkarty painting today, and I must say, I love it!  It's acrylic on a 16x20 stretched canvas, and it will hang over my sofa, surrounded by several of its similarly whimsical, folkarty buddies, who have yet to be created.  I'm so excited!  I have been yearning to paint since we were bitten by the house-hunting bug last spring.  My time has been so consumed with hunting for and buying the house, renovations, decorating and just plain trying to locate our STUFF (I knew exactly where everything was in the old place!), that painting has taken a backseat to the practical stuff.  No more!  I am on a roll now, and nothing can stop me!  Now if I can only find the rest of my canvases...

No comments:

Post a Comment