Tuesday, May 14, 2013

International Soul Art Day, Part 2


After a very happy and busy Mother's Day weekend with Roch and the kids (thanks guys, it was great!), I was finally able to grab some time for myself and work on my Soul Art project.  Using brightly colored pages torn from magazines, I collaged the entire background, isolating the tracing I did of my outstretched arms.  I didn't try to get too fussy about it, I just worked intuitively and fairly quickly.  Although my original intent for creating this piece was to discover the gifts I have to share with the world, something shifted as I worked.  My outstretched arms, instead of giving, turned into receiving mode (Notice a theme here?  It's all about me, me,me.  Hey, it's MY project!).  I felt drawn to being open to all the wonders that are manifesting in my life, and to those that are sure to come.  I know, I know.  I'm becoming all woo-woo on you.  I've recently been studying the power of Intention and Manifesting, have been taking it for a test-drive, and whaddahyaknow? It's WORKING!


Once the background was covered, I painted my arms and hands a yellowy-orange, and rubber stamped "Now Manifesting" on the large blue block in the center of the piece. Scattered around on the other collaged bits, I hand wrote the things that are either manifesting in my life right now, and those that I would like to see more of in the future.  I filled my outstretched arms and hands with inspirational quotes and affirmations.  I am ready to call this piece done.

While this collage is never likely to gain anyone else's attention or acclaim, it was a project well worth the work.  The fun, the intensity, the payoff was in the process, not the end product.  I learned a lot about myself and my own personal happiness while I was creating it.  I felt energized, inspired, and even downright FULFILLED by all the cutting and pasting, letting my mind wander freely as I did so.  That, my friends, is the power of creativity.  Now go on and make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment